Sorry this is a day late. And, I am still getting used to doing this. I just automatically do my Monday email. But this one I often forget. Oh well, eventually I will catch on.
On the show! Our text this week is Malachi 2:1-9. Make sure you read it and then perhaps reread it. The more the better.
- Notice the paragraph breaks up into three sections: vv1-4, vv5-7, vv8-9. Try to pick out the theme for each section.
- Who is God addressing?
- Who is Levi? What do you think the “covenant with Levi” is about? Read Exodus 32 and Numbers 25 for some background.
- What were they doing wrong? And why do you think they were doing so?
- What is the connection between this paragraph and the last one in chapter one? Make note of 1:11 and 1:14. (Hint: look at 2:2)
- What is it a priest is supposed to be doing based on these verses? Apply to the church today.
- What is the connection between the faithfulness of the priest and the people? Apply to the church today.
- Look at vv5-7. Apply that to the church.
- Also, how does Jesus fit into all of this?See you on Sunday. Also, please make sure you lift up the people of Israel. May God be glorified and souls saved and justice served in all of this.Pastor Brandon