Sorry this is late and I’ve missed a couple of weeks due to vacation. This week is busy no less, due to VBS. But here’s a shortened version of this week’s edition. It’s short because I am only going to look at Hebrews 13:4 this Sunday. So, to begin with, make sure you read that verse. Actually, read all of Hebrews 13:1-6.
- First, what is the main point of the verse? Pick out the main action he is calling for.
- Now, do you think there is a connection to verses 1-3. If so, how so? Look up 1 Thess 4:3-7 to get a hint.
- Also, it might be good to look up other verses that have to do with this. Let’s try 1 Cor 6:9-11, Ephesians 5:3-5, Colossians 3:5, Ephesians 5:22-32, Genesis 1-2, and more.
- Next, glance at verses 5-6. Did you notice something about those verses and how they connect to v4? There’s a tandem working here and it appeared in some of those other cross references.
- Make sure you also reach back into chapter 12. Look at Hebrews 12:15-16. Do you see the connection? What’s at stake here? And can you see how this call in v4 connects to what was said in Hebrews 12:25-29. Look at how that chapter ended. What is the writer saying to us here in Hebrews 13?
Some of that may make you do some heavy thinking, but try it out. And pray as I cover a very important topic this Sunday. See you then!